Our Vision, Mission, and Core Values are centered around Our Employees...Our Team! Versatech continually strives to meet and improve these goals for employment by providing great benefits which include: paid vacation & holidays, employer match 401k plan, flex spending account, health, dental, life, & long term disability insurance.
Senior Automation Design Engineer
As a Versatech Design Engineer you get to see, touch, and be part of projects from napkin to installation! Many design positions plant you in a desk working on a single part, never to know what it was truly used for or how well it worked. Not at Versatech! Because Versatech offers full turnkey service, you will get to collaborate directly with the customer to develop a concept of an entire machine, create a model to present. Then once released the parts are manufactured in house and assembled on site. You will be directly involved with troubleshooting, improvements, & runoff before the machine is installed on a customer’s floor. At Versatech you will not get bored because of the large mix of products and applications for automotive, dental, agricultural, pharmaceutical, aerospace, and many more. This variety allow the engineering team to practice high levels of safety, ingenuity, and develop truly inspired designs. Being a Versatech design engineer is very rewarding as you get to see the projects come to life to improve working conditions for our customers.
Position will be a remote role. Looking for candidates in the Crystal Lake, IL area!
- Conceptualizes and design innovative solutions to a variety of applications.
- Prepares engineering models, assemblies, and drawings for customer projects.
- Design of entire machine cells for robotics, fixturing, automation, exc.
- Prepares bills of material, cut sheets, and specifies tolerances for projects ordered by customers.
- Follow defined engineering design process and complete required tasks in a timely manner.
- Lead design reviews with the customer.
- Directly Coordinates with Engineering Manager, Sales Engineers, Vendors, Customers.
- Assists production and assembly in completion of work to assure compliance and on time delivery.
- Consults with Sales Engineers and Customers on project design.
- Coordinates with job shop and assembly departments to assure compliance with engineering design.
- Experience in design related field
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering preferred
- High level of proficiency with CAD software. Solidworks preferred.
- Understands Versatech’s capabilities and capacities
- Moderately proficient in PC operation including Microsoft Office.
- Basic competency on the operation of standard office machinery.
- Capacity to work with diagrams and plans, and to relate schematics to actual objects and products.
- Ability to reason mathematically with high speed and accuracy.
- Tendency to be cooperative and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to speak and write fluent English, plus maintain confidentiality.
- Versatech, LLC
- E-mail Versatech
- 217-342-3500 ext 262