Summer is almost officially upon us! In celebration of fun summer activities, here are some fun facts about Versatech, LLC. Enjoy!
- If you do a Google search for Versatech, you will find four companies and one Mazak machining center that include the Versatech name in addition to yours truly! One company is a supplier of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS), one is a software partner and reseller, and one specializes in oil containment! Our website is www.versatech1.com.
- Versatech is located in an industrial park alongside the world’s largest cross! The “Cross at the Crossroads”, built at the intersection of interstate I-70 and I-57, is 198 feet tall and 113 feet wide! If the cross measured two feet taller, according to FFA regulations, a light would have to be installed on top to be seen by airplanes at night.
- Versatech was started in 2008. You may remember that year as the beginning of the last economic downturn!
- When Joe Forbes and Chad Hill started the business with one other employee in 2008, they had $500 in revenue in the first three months! The company closed 2014 with just over $14 million in sales!
- There is a horseshoe pit located behind Versatech’s building for employees to pitch horseshoes during breaks.
- One of the company’s owners is a practical joker. It is well known that nothing is sacred if it is lying unattended and he is around!
- The company holds a pinewood derby for its employees in addition to several fund raising events, which have included a Dodgeball Tournament to benefit breast cancer research; a day with various races to benefit a vendor’s family; and a Chili Cookoff to raise money for the Children’s Department at Mercy Hospital in St. Louis!
- The current facility is Versatech’s third building. The second location was a former beer distributorship, complete with walk in cooler!
- Versatech has over 100 customers worldwide, and has shipped product to Romania!